lunes, 9 de noviembre de 2015

To remember is to live again

I had the fortune to been rised, in its major part, by women. The most important in my life was my grandmother; she was my mother and my protector all my rising process and, besides, I had the fortune of to coexist with a great number of aunts, about 5, apart form my two sisters. To me, that was something to marked me forever, because thanks to they I learned the importance of the housework, since the food preparation to the loundry and washing the dishes, but most of all, i learned to  respect and to appreciate women. I saw from the very begening of my life that the woman is an exceptional being. 

My grandmother, for example, had to bring up 12 children besides so many grandchildren, when my grandfather left this world because of alcohol. I do not know how she did, but what is clear is that she never gave up and that we never suffer too much by food (at least we had something to eat). There were shortcomings, I accept it, but what she never missed was love and comprehension of their part. She was like a guardian angel, a fall godsend. She always knew how to lean and how to value me, even though he had many mouths to feed. It's true that their children, my uncles, helped her to carry the load, but it is also true that most of it was supported on his shoulders.

 From her i learned to cook, even if at first refused, saying that the kitchen wasn't for men, repeating the seated prejudices from such a macho society like the mexican. However, with the passage of time, and thanks to my insistence, I went to the kitchen and I managed to replicate some of their most delicious dishes. Every time I prepare something that se did for us, she comes to my mind and I remember her like if it was yesterday, specially when I make these stuffed chilies with mincemeat... capeados, delicious. She knew it was my favorite dish and when she did it, that gives me a great pleasure. To my brother alexander she gave him his pleasures. He, for example, really like the mole and when my grandmother did it said that it was just for him.



I loved to seeing cook and to help her everything I could. When she cooked the world stopped and it was a moment that we shared together in a very special way. Their food was delicious. She was an excellent cook. She was selling dinner on saturdays and I remember when it was my turn to go with her to the market, walking, loaded with nixtamalized corn to grind it and get th dough, in addition to buying meat, chilies and vegetables to prepare the dishes. When finally we ended up buying we returned in the bus, loaded with the heavy market bags and that all the way my mommy told me not to complain and hang on because I had to accompany her.

Until now I understand why she said those words: it was because there was no one to accompany her or wanted to accompany her and because she never liked rely on any of his daughters to put in her "business". I thank God that it has been like this because those moments were just for us, because I enjoyed her too much. Without wishing I remembered you mommy. Unintentionally I dedicate these words to let the world know how great you were and how much I love you and still loving you. God bless you wherever you are and, with tears in my eyes, I send you a hug and a big kiss. I love you. I will always carry in my heart. I miss you...

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Me gustaría recibir sus comentarios para ir mejorando mi trabajo. Gracias.

Donación. Gracias por apoyar